• Scene – position of comfort
• En route – Monitor vitals and pain
• Hospital – X-ray, IV
• Response to treatment – no change.
• Disposition – patient transferred for higher level of care.
•Professor of Pediatrics
• Left hip pain
This child’s symptoms suggest hip pathology, especially with the way her left hip seems to be externally rotated in a position of comfort. Without a fever or toxic appearance, I would suspect synovitis of the hip as high on the list of this differential. Of course, one must consider septic arthritis and non-accidental trauma (fracture) as well.
-Dr. David Spiro
• Gender: Female
• Age: 17 months
• Height: Not Available
• Weight: Not Available
• Temperature: Not Available
• Blood Pressure: Not Available
• Heart Rate: 124
• Respiratory Rate: 24
• Pulse Oximetry: 100% RA
Unable to bear weight on left leg; hip pain
• PMH: None
• Dispatch info: Transfer to Doernbecher for hip infection.
• Lives with mom and 6yo sibling